Student Emails: Activate / Reset Passwords
Student eMails Are Now Self-Service!Students MUST activate and reset passwords for their LAUSD email accounts on their own. To do so, you need the following items:
*To get your PIN, ask any of your current teachers to look it up for you in Schoology using these instructionsIf for some reason a student are not on an assigned teacher's Schoology roster, please see the IT Coordinator, Dr. Van Baal.
- Your District ID (on your ID card)
- Your date of birth
- Your Student PIN (Personal Identification Number)*
****ONCE YOU GET THIS INFORMATION YOU MUST KEEP IT UNTIL YOU ARE NO LONGER ENROLLED IN LAUSD IT IS RECOMMENDED TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD EVERY 6 TO 10 WEEKS. ***** .
Once you have all this information, follow these steps:
- Click on this link to set or reset your LAUSD password https://mylogin.lausd.net/
- Select Student
- Agree to the terms and condition in the Acceptable Use Policy
- Enter your Student ID# for District ID. Use lowercase for the letters.
- Enter your birthdate in this format: MM/DD/YYYY
- Enter your student PIN
- Follow the directions to set your password.
Write down your email address if you don't already have it memorized or stored.
Store your email, ID, and PIN # in safe place where you can find it until you are no longer an LAUSD student and set yourself a reminder to reset your password in about 6 to 10 weeks. Use the form and instruction letter attached at the bottom to keep all your information and the instructions somewhere safe
- Log into Google, Schoology, Destiny Discover, or the Digital Library using your LAUSD email and password
Why activate your LAUSD email?
Though there are many options for email accounts, here are some advantages to having an LAUSD email:
- Allows you to access Schoology and Google Classroom, as well as any other app that will let you sign in through Google
- Allows you to download ebooks and use advanced features of the Library Destiny Catalog App
- Allows you to access LAUSD database subscription services off-campus
- Allows you to keep your school and personal emails separate
- Allows you to use the school wifi when on campus